Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hyper-V host - slow internet browsing

After setting up Hyper-V on Windows 8 I noticed that when my Domain Controller VM was turned on(hosting AD, DHCP and DNS) my host PC would take a long time to surf the internet.

I did a speed test and, after making the initial connection, saw that my download/upload speeds were normal I realized that it must be because I was hitting the DNS of my "Internal" DNS host on the VM.

Quick fix -
Open your network connections and hit the "alt" button.  Open Advanced - Advanced settings like so:



Then move your External Virtual Switch adapter connection to the top of the priority list like so:

This should restore your host Internet surfing abilities to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remote Mailboxes - Hybrid Config - Missing

The Remote Mailbox exists on the On Prem Exchange server and linked to the Office 365 mailbox. Without one of these for each Office 365 mail...